Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Scott Wade Turns Dusty Car Windows Into Work of Art




Mr Wade first rubs oil onto the window and sprays it with Fuller's earth, the type used on film sets, and uses a hair dryer to blow the dirt on. The process takes ten minutes, much quicker than the seven days Mr Wade said it would take to build up a 'natural' canvas by driving a car up and down a dirt track.


“I lived on a long, dirt road for over 20 years. Our cars were always dirty and I would often doodle in the dust on the rear windows of our cars”, he said. 'Mostly I would draw funny faces, then I started experimenting with ways to get shading. At first I would use the pads of my fingers and brush very lightly to get grey tones. Once I tried using the chewed-up end of a popsicle stick as a brush - I liked the effect, so I started trying paintbrushes, and eventually developed the techniques I use today.'


No comments:

Post a Comment